Before booking a Trader, please read our T&Cs
Based in Middx
Gallery (4 photos)
My name is Sean, I have been tiling for 9 years. Mainly concentrating in the domestic market. Give me a call for a free quote (please note, a site visit is a must, as it is impossible to quote over the phone). Please read my t&c's (below) for further information.
Please note that I have public liability insurance, and all workmanship is guaranteed for a period
of 12 months. Please also note that when purchasing tiles you must buy an extra 10%. This is to
cater for cuts & wastage. All waste is the responsibility of the customer (unless previously
Points to consider when choosing my services over the services of another
1. I tile for a living. I am not a general builder or handyman.
2. I spend time working on preparation. The positioning (layout) of the tiles is very important.
Tiling is all about aesthetics & balance.
3. There are 100’s of different adhesives & grouts on the market. I have the experience &
technical knowledge of what should and what should not be used on certain types of tile
(whether it be ceramic, porcelain or natural stone).
4. I belong to the UK’s biggest tile networking group. We exchange
knowledge, ideas, tips and industry info etc.
5. In most cases I am ‘local’ to your house. I am not afraid to let you know where I live. You can
always contact me via mobile/landline/email/home address.
6. My public liability insurance is with a company called ‘Simply Business’. Policy nbr: FI262757XB.
7. Please remember, there are certain things you should/should not do in tiling. I do not cut
corners. I do things the correct way (even if it takes me longer to complete the job).
8. I will only tile a surface that is suitable for tiling onto. I have had to turn down jobs where
customers want me to tile unstable surfaces. Sometimes the customer is not always right!
9. You will notice that VAT is not included in my pricing. So please do not ask for a VAT exempt
price. I pay VAT on all materials I purchase for the job. I pay Income tax on all profits made. I do
not need to be VAT registered because I am classed and registered as a ‘Sole Trader’.
10. I provide a breakdown of my services. There should be no shocks when it comes to payment
Before you employee a tiler:
13. Get 3 quotes. This is industry standard in the building game.
14. You may want to ask for references from the tiler’s previous customers. You need to be 100%
sure that you are dealing with a bona fide tradesman. Photographic evidence is also worth
15. Ask the tiler questions about the job you want completed. The tiler should be able to give you
ideas about what tile size to use, what colour grout is best suited to the tile etc. There is no such
thing as a stupid question.
On rare occasions I have found that plaster has come away when tiles are removed from a wall.
Or that holes in the wall behind tiles have been covered up with screwed up newspaper! These
are classed as unforeseen circumstances and will be remedied at an extra cost to the customer.
Thank you for submitting a review. Your review will be live on our website within five working days unless it doesn't meet our acceptable use policy.