Super versatile from wow factor walls to bright and beautiful borders, mosaics are a great way of adding a little originality and colour to your home without breaking the bank.
To help inspire your project, we've put together our top ways to use mosaics. Whether it's traditional classic or contemporary chic, there's something to suit every style.
1. Add a splash of colour - Mosaics are a great way of brightening up a room and putting your own style into your home. Adding a splash of colour and bring a touch of glamour to a classic scheme by using multi-coloured tiling. The subtle sparkle of iridescent mosaics will add an extra dimension and liven up a neutral space.
2. Pure and simple - Mosaics don't have to mean a whole rainbow of colours. A pure and simple palette of soft whites creates a tranquil background that's beautifully bright and airy. Keep it simple by using the same mosaic on the wall and floor to create a streamlined finish.
3. Create a feature - Make a statement by using mosaics on one wall or surrounding a fireplace. A feature panel of natural stone mosaics helps create a spa-like feel that oozes timeless appeal. Highly polished tiles complete the look and enhance a room's overall super-luxe style.
4. Beautiful borders - Mosaics are incredibly versatile, why not cut them into strips and use them as borders? This option means you can save money by teaming your mosaic with basic wall tiles and creating a unique, clean and fresh feel with your mosaic border. Alternatively, add a border of decorative mosaics in a similar tone to the overall colour theme for a striking visual statement. Tiles with a glistening finish in a vibrant colour complement bold walls perfectly for eye-popping impact.
5. Getting in the zone - Mosaics can be really effective when used to separate spaces. In a wet room for example, a shower area can be defined by the use of mosaics on the wall of floor. This gives the illusion of zones and creates an illusion of space, whilst still being in keeping with the rest of the room. Marry stylish large format wall tiles with bejewelled mosaics to create an eye-catching splashback that's both stunning and practical.
6. Awkward spaces - Mosaics are perfect for tiling awkward and small spaces as they are incredibly versatile. A sheet can be cut up and used how you wish, giving you more freedom to get creative. From brightening up dark alcoves to moulding around quirky fittings, mosaics are perfect for those awkward spaces!
To help you find your perfect match, don't forget our Sample Service
where you can try your matches in the comfort of your own home.
So, transform your home and get mosaic matching!