DIY just got easier with these ingenious shortcuts. Bring on that smug feeling!
1. Don't use the side of the tin to wipe excess paint off your brush; put a rubber band around your open tin so you can use it instead. No more build-up, and no more trouble getting the lid back on!
2. Instead of storing a load of bulky paint tins, or having to re-buy, pour a small amount of any new paint colour you use into a baby food jar. Next time you scuff your wall, you'll have the exact shade handy.
3. Avoid a cartoon-esque throbbing thumb by using a clothes peg to hold a nail in place against the wall while you hammer it in.
4. Drilling makes dust, but now you can dodge doing the hovering by sticking a bent Post-it to the wall just below the hole you're making - it'll catch the mess.
5. To help stop paint splatter, grab a plastic lid from a tub, cut a slit in it and slide it over your paintbrush to rest just past the base of the bristles.