The Foundry range from Topps Tiles is a pioneering collection of luxury brass trims developed in collaboration with a specialist manufacturer to bring you the very latest innovation in decorative finishes.
Inspired by the brass finishing touches found in many historic buildings and places of interest, the Foundry collection has been designed especially for Topps Tiles. Available in three finishes and two edge types, each trim is handcrafted and individually finished to create an authentically aged look.
As a ‘living' product, the natural process of oxidisation results in an organic looking patina on the surface; altering and enhancing the appearance of the trim depending on the environment so no two trims are the same. If desired, the natural process can be slowed down by periodically applying a thin layer of Topps Tiles Foundry Beeswax to the trim's surface, perfect for those who want a unique, living product in their home.
- When installing Topps Tiles Foundry trims care should be taken to ensure minimal contact occurs between the trim and the tile adhesive or grout. If any adhesive/grout does come into contact with the surface it should be cleaned off immediately with clean, clear water and wiped dry with a lint-free cloth
- To avoid scratching the surface, care should be taken to ensure that other metals (trowels, steel wool etc.) do not come into contact with the trim
- Brass profiles can be mitred making them versatile enough to create features such as; surrounding a window frame, part-tiled walls, external corners and surrounding a splashback. If cutting or mitring, care should be taken around cut edges to prevent injury
- When cleaning the surface of the trim do not use cement stain removers or similar chemically active cleaning products
Care & Maintenance
- When cleaning Foundry trims it is essential to use products that do not contain any chemical or abrasive additives; using clean, clear water is recommended with a non-abrasive cloth which will prevent any scratching to the tile surface
- Once the surface has been cleaned, a thin layer of Topps Tiles Foundry Beeswax can be re-applied with a clean cloth to slow down the natural oxidisation process. For best care use the lint-free cloth provided
- Built-up oxidisation layers can be removed using conventional polishing agents together with a non-abrasive cloth and re-application of Topps Tiles Foundry Beeswax
|Availability:||Specially Ordered For You|
|Delivery options:||Home or Store|