With the growing trend for open living and large seamless spaces becoming more popular tiles are adapting to suit this new spacious aesthetic. These extra-large tiles have been inspired by a rare type of Phyllite slate found in the Dalradian rocks on the Isle of Arran; expertly replicated by the newest printing technology, each tile has its own unique pattern with a smooth long-lasting finish. To evoke a calming atmosphere choose a coordinating tile that works in harmony with the delicate colour variations of the Penthouse range.
The soft weathered hue of Ivory has the wild feel of a piece of untouched raw material, with delicate off-white markings giving it a distinct look.
• Due to the nature of the tile we recommend a minimum of two people to help lift and fix tiles from the XL collection.
• Back-buttering the tile is required to ensure suitable contact with the tile is achieved; trowelling the substrate with a Thick Solid Bed Trowel is also advised
• A cementitious adhesive is recommended to ensure full drying/curing/strength
• Recommended floor adhesive: BAL PTB Fibre Plus
• Recommended wall adhesive: BAL Rapid Flex Fibre Plus
• Hardibacker™ Cement Boards are recommended if working with a weak plasterboard substrate
• When tiling on a wall a ‘solid' body spacer is recommended to avoid tiles slipping
• If tiling above 1.6m mechanical fixing may be required
For suitable cutters, blades, drill bits and finishing silicone options please visit our in-store experts for advice on the best choice for your specific project.
Please note the size of your sample will be 20x20.