Topps Tiles Terms and Conditions
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE AND ANY PURCHASE YOU MAKE SO PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ THEM. THEY DO NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS
We are Topps Tiles (UK) Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under number 04781209 . We are a hard wall and floor finishes retailer which also sells associated products and we sell and deliver such products to customers within the UK. Our business is based in England and our head office is at Topps Tiles, Thorpe Way, Grove Park, Enderby, Leicestershire, LE19 1SU and our VAT registration number is 453 1542 68. Telephone number: 0116 282 8000. Email: email@example.com
This site has been produced for our United Kingdom customers and we do not sell to customer located overseas via this website. If you are located overseas and wish to place an order please contact us for further information.
The contents of this site including product prices delivery charges and product details are subject to change at any time without notice. We may also revise or update these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Use of this site and purchases of products offered for sale on this site are subject to the terms and conditions posted on the site at the time of your visit.
After selecting your products from the range available, you will proceed to the checkout area. You will be passed to a secure online payment authorisation service that will process your card details and obtain payment from your card provider.
We will send you written confirmation of your order by e mail but this email will not constitute acceptance of your order we accept your order at the time we dispatch the ordered products to you and it is at that moment that a contract for sale is made between you and us. All our contracts are concluded in English although contracts for sale will neither be filed by us nor accessible to you.
Your order will be based upon our product prices and delivery charges in force at the time you submit your order. If the prices or charges are different from those published this will brought to your attention before we accept your order and will give you the option to cancel your order before we accept it
Please note acceptance of any order is at our discretion.
You can purchase many of our tiles online as a sample to give you an opportunity to see the tile before you buy. You may order six samples per single transaction. Samples are fulfilled from a central location when an order contains only samples. Samples are fulfilled by a store when the samples are in addition to a larger order.
Please note that sample orders can generally be sent to all areas of the UK but if the sample is too large (ie over 20x20cm) we may not be able to fulfil the order and may have to cancel and refund. You will be notified in this instance.
We accept the following cards on our website:
Visa Credit and Debit
We will take payment from your card at the time you submit your order.
The prices payable for the items we offer for sale are clearly displayed on this site in pounds sterling and are inclusive of any excise duties and VAT payable unless otherwise stated. Prices do not include the costs of delivery details of which are set out below.
You must make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of products when we deliver them in accordance with the stated delivery times for the delivery charge you have paid. If you do not accept delivery of the products or we are unable to deliver or are delayed in delivering products because of your actions or omissions then we may charge you and you will be liable to pay us for all costs we incur. Please note all delivery charges are for orders made online only and don’t apply to those orders made in store.
Next day delivery does not apply to sample tile orders.
Costs & Timings:
- Delivery is charged at £4.99 for standard orders, although is free for orders over £150.
- Delivery to a Topps Tiles store is free of charge on all orders.
- For stocked items, standard delivery usually takes four days, although this is a guideline only.
- Some of our products are ordered specially for you so these items take longer - the timings depend on the supplier.
- The delivery timescales for each item are on the delivery information tab on the individual product pages.
Please note delivery to postcodes starting DUBLIN, GY, HS, IM, IV41, IV42, IV43, IV44, IV45, IV46, IV47, IV48, IV49, IV55, IV56, JE, KW, PA, PH9, PH15, PH16, PH17, PH18, PH19, PH20, PH32, PH33, PH34, PH35, PH36, PH37, PH38, PH39, PH40, PH41, PH42, PH43, PH44, PH49, PH50, TR21, TR25, ZE, KA27 will incur a higher delivery cost which is based on your exact location and the goods you are ordering. Please call Online Support on 0800 023 4703.
Please note that sample orders can generally be sent to all postcodes but if the sample is too large (ie over 20x20cm) we may not be able to fulfil the order and may have to cancel and refund. You will be notified in this instance.
- During our checkout process we ask the customer to select the store they would like to fulfil the order, as well as the store associate (if applicable). If you do not select a store, your order will be allocated to the nearest geographical store to your postcode.
- Once the payment card has been security checked, the order will be forwarded to the relevant store. The store will telephone the customer to arrange a convenient time for delivery.
- If you request a Next Day delivery, you will not be asked to select a store as the order will come to our Online Support department where it will be allocated to the nearest store who can supply the stock by the next day. The order will be forwarded to the relevant store who will telephone the customer to arrange a convenient time for delivery.
- Saturday - Saturday delivery will take place on the next coming Saturday until 11am on Friday - orders placed after this time will be delivered on the Saturday afterwards. Please note this timescale is available on stocked items only. The cost for Saturday delivery is £20.
- Next Working Day - This is available on stocked items only - if the product is special order, this option will not show for selection. This is only available on orders placed before 11am. The cost for a Next Working Day delivery is £20.
- Next Working Day Before Midday - This is available on stocked items only - if the product is special order, this option will not show for selection. This is only available on orders placed before 11am. The cost for a Next Working Day delivery is £24.
- Topps Tiles will not under any circumstances entertain any financial demands from the customer for late or incorrect delivery. We always recommend that you never book a tiler or other workman until the goods have been delivered and inspected.
- Online delivery times are given as a guideline and your local store will contact you with a delivery date and time. If this delivery time is not adhered to or we have charged extra for delivery (ie next day) and this is not met, the customer must inform us as soon as possible. The cost of the premium delivery will be refunded and you may be entitled to compensation although this will be at the discretion of the store.
Refunds & Returns
The following information is intended as a guideline. We will use our discretion with individual circumstances.
Please note the method of refund must be the same as the method of payment.
Samples Refunds & Returns:
Returning Samples - Not Suitable
For a refund on your sample tiles please take them to your nearest store within 60 days of purchase. To find your nearest store, use our online store locator.
Damaged Samples - Exchange or Refund
If your sample tiles arrive damaged, please call the free phone customer service number 0800 023 4703 within 48hrs. Alternatively, take your samples into your nearest store for a full refund or an exchange. To find your nearest store, use our online store locator. Please bring your sales order receipt as proof of purchase when returning sample tiles.
You Have Seven Working Days After Receiving Your Goods to Cancel Your Order
- Under the Distance Selling Regulations, if you buy online or by phone, your consumer rights entitle you to a full refund if you request one within 7 working days of receipt. This includes any delivery charge. Simply let us know by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via phone (you will need to contact the store which fulfilled your order - full details will be on your invoice) within seven working days of receiving your goods. You do not have to give any reason for cancellation. However, a brief explanation will help us to improve the service we offer to customers in the future. If you cancel you must return the goods to us at your own expense.
- If you cancel your order it is recommended you return them to the Topps Tiles store which fulfilled your order for a full refund including delivery charges. Details of which store fulfilled your order can be found on your invoice. You will not however be reimbursed for the cost of returning the goods to the store.
- If you cannot or will not return the cancelled goods to a Topps Tiles store then we will arrange collection of the goods. You will then receive a full refund excluding the collection charge.
- Any free gifts or products comprising of an offer (eg 3 for 2) must also be returned
- After seven days what you may view as a cancellation becomes a ’Return’, please refer to the returns section below.
- This cancellation policy does not affect your legal rights.
Resaleable Goods Refunds & Returns:
The below applies to goods outside of the seven working day cancellation policy outlined above.
- If you have completed your tiling or flooring job and wish to return any resaleable goods we will provide you with a refund. Please note that only full boxes of tiles will be refunded, or individual tiles with an RRP over £10. Simply return the items within 60 days of receipt of goods in their original condition to one of our stores, together with a receipt as proof of purchase. Adhesive or grout which has been opened and tools which have been used are non refundable. Topps Tiles reserve the right not to refund if the goods are deemed as not being in a resaleable condition. Any delivery charge will not be refunded.
- Please note that some of our products are classed as ’special order’, this means the products are custom made or specifically ordered for individual customers, as such any return of these items will incur a restocking charge of 20% of the price paid for the goods if returned within the 60 days (but after the 7 working day cancellation policy).
- If you cannot get to a store you can return the goods at your own expense to our Head Office in Leicester (full address available on request). Refunds will only be processed once the goods have arrived with us and we have inspected their condition and deemed them to be in suitable condition for resale. Any delivery charge from the original order will not be refunded.
- Please note once a refund is processed either at store or at Head Office it may take up to 30 days for the funds to appear back on your card, this is dependent on the card provider and is not under the influence of Topps Tiles. Acceptance of these terms and conditions at the point of purchase represents acceptance of refund period of up to 30 days.
- Any free gifts or products comprising of an offer (eg 3 for 2) must also be returned
Damaged/Incorrect Goods Refunds & Returns:
All goods must be checked by the customer on receipt of goods - this is imperative. No responsibility for damaged product, shortages or incorrect products can be accepted after 48 hours / two working days (Mon - Fri) of receipt of goods.
- Where you purchase goods from us that are defective we shall (at our option) repair or replace such goods or refund the price of such goods provided that (a) you give us notice within 48 hours of the date of your acceptance of the goods and (b) provided that damage to the goods has not been caused by you. Our entire liability to you shall be limited to the price you paid for the goods and we shall not be responsible for any consequential or other financial loss that you may seek to claim for regarding the tiling or flooring job you are carrying out. All damaged goods will be replaced on standard delivery at our cost either by delivering into store or having another delivery sent out.
- Exchanging in store - You can take your defective goods back to a store for an exchange. Wherever possible this should be the store that despatched your original order although exchanges will be accepted at any Topps store. You are entitled to a refund or exchange. If the requested goods are not in stock at the time of exchange, the store will do their utmost to source these for you.
- Exchanging via Courier - It is possible to exchange your damaged goods with a courier so that the damaged goods are collected at the replacement goods are delivered at the same time. This needs to be arranged with your local Topps store.
- Any free gifts or products comprising of an offer (eg 3 for 2) must also be returned
- Topps Tiles products are guaranteed for 12 months from point of purchase (excluding individual supplier guarantees, details of which would have arrived with your product). Compensation, refunds or returns will not be considered after this period.
1/3 off Promotion:
- Promotional offer entitles customers to a discount of up to one third off a products previous price.
- Select products only in the Topps Tiles range are included in this promotion and the level of discount applied to each product may vary.
- Offer available whilst stock last.
- Discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Images are for illustrative purposed only.
- Promotional offer available at all Topps Tiles stores, excluding Topps Tiles Clearance.
- Online discount will automatically be applied at the checkout process of the transaction.
- Up to 1/3 off promotion to run in Topps Tiles Stores and online from Tuesday 24th September- Monday 23rd December 2013 (inclusive).
- Fusion range discount excludes Angel White and Jet Black Fusion tiles.
- Promoter reserves the right to refuse or withdraw the offer at any time.
- The promoter is Topps Tiles UK LTD, Thorpe Way, Grove Park, Leicester, LE19 1SU.
Checks Prior To Fitting:
We advise you to buy tiles, borders and decors from the same range as the tiles may be sourced from different suppliers which may result in a slight variation in size/colour.
Please check your tiles carefully before fixing. Shade variation is a design feature of most of our tiles. If for any reason you are not happy with the shade of your tiles, we cannot accept the responsibility after the tiles have been fixed. Fixing the tiles to a substrate means that you have accepted the tiles in their present state so no refunds or replacements will be offered. Please ensure you are happy with the shade of your tiles before you start any project.
Description of Goods:
All images, descriptive matter, specifications and advertising on our website are for the sole purpose of giving an approximate description of the goods. All specifications given to the customer are approximate and intended as a guide only. We always endeavour to ensure all product descriptions are correct, but advise customers to seek technical advice from qualified sources prior to ordering products and any work to be carried out.
Ownership of Rights:
All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to us. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without our permission. You may not modify, distribute or re-post something on this website for any purpose.
If you need further assistance with any of our products, please view our Contact Us page
Topps Tiles Plc is committed to protecting your privacy and fulfilling its obligations under UK Data Protection Laws.
Topps Tiles Plc and its Group Companies will use your personal information in order to inform you of its offers, news and new catalogues and for profiling your purchasing preferences and other marketing purposes. We may disclose your information to our service providers and agents for these purposes. We may keep your information for a reasonable period to contact you about our services in the future.
Topps Tiles Plc may share your information with other Companies in our group and organisations who are our business partners. We or they may contact you by mail, telephone, SMS fax or email to let you know about any goods, services or promotions which may be of interest to you.
The Data Protection Act puts obligations on users of personal information and details principles for its use. There are eight principles in the Act that Topps Tiles Plc is obliged to conform to. The Act requires Companies which process data to notify the Information Commissioner describing the purposes for which they process personal information. The details are publicly available from the Commissioner’s
Tel: +44 (0)1625 545745
These principles for Data Processing are:
- Personal data must be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Personal data must be obtained only for specified and lawful purposes.
- Personal data must be adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Personal data must be accurate and kept up to date.
- Personal data must not be kept for longer than necessary.
- Personal data must be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects.
- Measures against unauthorised or unlawfully processing of personal data.
- Personal data must not be transferred to a Country or territory outside the EEA without adequate protection or explicit consent.