As one of the fundamental parts of our head office function, the Buying team are responsible for bringing new products into store that are both on-trend and timeless - quite the task! We sat down with our Head of Buying Tim Tatlock and asked him 10 questions to get to know him a little better and find out what makes him tick.
1. What's your favourite Topps Tiles range?
The next one - introducing more than one range per week at Topps is something I'm really proud of.
2. What influences the products you develop?
Anything and everything - many start a long way from tiles - very often it's places I visit on my travels.
3. Tell us an emerging trend we should look out for in 2015
Here are three: Bespoke, sustainable and tactile.
4. What's one piece of advice you'd give to someone looking to buy tiles for their home?
Go for full coverage - it creates a timeless, open space.
5. What influenced your decision to get into Buying?
My passion for products and turning concepts into reality.
6. What's your favourite aspect of your job?
Trading globally. Our specialism means that we collaborate with a global supplier base to deliver the best products in the market.
7. If you weren't in the tile industry, what would you be doing?
Running my own 'foodie' pub!
8. Name one thing you can't live without
Oxygen..... and sushi.
9. Tell us something people would be surprised to learn about you
Now that would be telling wouldn't it?!
10. What does a perfect weekend look like to you?
2. A win for Bolton Wanderers
3. Eggs Benedict!
Keep an eye out for our next '10 Questions' where we'll be interviewing another member of our Buying team…